I love any type of hash. Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, a good hash is never a bad choice.
It’s simple to make and uses cheap ingredients. Potato + onion = pretty much nothing. It’s also a great dish to fuel up on and the ratio of protein to carbs is easy to change.
- 1 sweet potato
- ½ onion
- 1 lb cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- chop potato in to bite size chunks and cook in skillet over medium for 10 minutes, turning every so often
- while cooking, dice the onion and add after the initial 10 minutes
- cook until the potato and onion start to soften
- mince garlic in to skillet and add shredded chicken
- season with salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with parsley if desired