Full Disclaimer: It does not photograph well. But it’s really good.
Perfect for those cold winter days when a full bodied beer sounds comforting or you don’t have much energy to put in to dinner.
I served it with beer bread (and managed to get rid of two lonely beers sitting in our fridge). Since it’s in the crockpot, the alcohol cooks mostly out and leaves the taste of the beer behind. It’s not too spicy, but it does have a little kick and leaves the chicken really tender.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 12 oz beer
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Finely chop onions and bell pepper and add to crockpot
- Add the tomatoes, hot sauce, chili powder, paprika, thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper
- Stir in the beer then submerge chicken
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4 hours
- Ladle out ¼ cup broth and mix with cornstarch, pour back in to crockpot once well mixed 30 minutes before serving