I hope you’re doing well and enjoying the nice weather! We had a bit of a heat wave last week. Geoff and I happened to be in Seattle for that, which was nice because the last few times we’ve been back it’s rained. One of my very best friends got married and we had a great time being there for her wedding.
Here’s my WIAW eats for Cinco de Mayo. Even though I got a ton of sleep Sunday night, I was still really tired. I always knew that I had issues moderating when I’m tired, but documenting it definitely makes it real!
Wow, this was so filling. I was hardly hungry when lunch time came around! A ripe plantain, 2 eggs and 1 sausage patty (that I made while I was a zombie on Sunday, so TIRED).
Chicken sautéed with normandy style vegetables. There was no way any grocery shopping was happening while I was in zombie mode yesterday, so I was glad to see that we were stocked up on frozen veggies. I sprinkled garlic bread seasoning all over it. Delicious.
We had a feast! I put on Spotify’s Cinco de Mayo playlist, my mom brought some Corona Light, and Geoff barbecued some carne asada that I picked up from the Mexican grocery store. Their meat is always seasoned SO well!
may have definitely had a lot of chips and more guacamole…
I had an unpictured bowl of ice cream, several tablespoons of chocolate whipped almond butter (recipe I’m working on) and two of these cute little almond flour cookies. They’re good, but I probably won’t make them again. Too high in calories for such a small treat!
Thursday at 4am, Geoff and I drove over to Seattle so he could work out of the office and be there on Friday to fulfill my Matron of Honor duties.
The weekend was very busy with all of the wedding festivities. On Friday, we met to get our nails done, attend a family bridal shower and then had the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner that night. Saturday morning we started hair and makeup at 8:45 am, pictures at 1:15, and then the wedding started at 5:30. Here’s a picture of the lovely bride!
Our bridesmaid dresses were so flattering! They seriously looked great on everyone. And how often do you hear of that happening? Never!
Sunday, Geoff and I recovered by watching almost a full season of Parks and Rec on Netflix. Ron Swanson is my favorite.
Another awesome thing happened this week, I was nominated for a Liebster Award from Kristen at Good ‘N Good For Ya through my membership with Girls Gone Sporty’s Team Stellar. This means that I answer a few questions and nominate a few other bloggers for the award.
Here’s how it works:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award.
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees.
1. What is your favorite type of workout? I love Crossfit style workouts that combine weight lifting and intense cardio
2. What is your current favorite “guilty pleasure” song? Call Me Maybe. It’s so spunky and catchy, I can’t help but dance around while I’m working out to it.
3. How do you find/make time to work out? Luckily, I work from home so it’s not a big deal if I take a 30 minute break to workout. It does require some planning though so that I get everything done!
4. What is your favorite post that you’ve written? I love my six-pack abs post. I put in a lot of work to make sure that the information was applicable, easy to understand and more importantly TRUTHFUL!
5. When do you usually write your posts? I write the best from 8am to 11am. Once I start getting hungry… it’s all over.
6. What is one fitness related purchase/expense you’ve made that was totally worth it? My Polar RC3 + heartrate watch. It was a Christmas present, but still worth it!
7. What is one fitness related purchase/expense you’ve made that totally wasn’t worth it? My Jawbone UP. I like it, but not enough to wear it consistently. Although it’s neat to track all my steps and sleep, it doesn’t motivate me to move more.
8. Favorite clean eats? My Optimum Nutrition Casein Protein in Chocolate Supreme mixed with enough almond milk to make it a pudding consistency. Add some almond butter, cool whip and you’ve got yourself a great ice cream substitute!
9. Favorite food treats? Ice Cream. Specifically the Salted Caramel from Bluebird’s Microcreamery in Seattle.
10. I don’t know… One random fact about yourself! I love to travel! I studied abroad while in college and next on my list is Ireland.
Here’s my nominees:
- Alicia at Alicia Monae Fitness
- Brandi at Focused Fitness Journey
- Erika at MCM Mama Runs
- Helly at Helly on the Run
- Jennifer at The Runners Feet
- Liz at Every Minute of It
- Gabi at Lean Green Island Girl
- Jane at Find Your Fitality
- Libby from Bruises in the Frosting
- Tiffany from The Chi Athlete
And here are the questions!
1. What’s your favorite way to stay active outside?
2. What’s your go-to workout?
3. How do you make healthy living a priority?
4. What’s your favorite post you’ve written?
5. Would you rather workout alone or with a friend?
6. What’s your favorite healthy treat?
7. Any embarrassing fitness stories you’d care to share?
8. What’s your favorite way to relax and release stress?
9. What’s the thing that’s most likely to derail your healthy eating or working out?
10. Random fact!
Interested in the fit life I posted? Jenni provides workout plans, healthy eating advice, skype sessions and members only content to Fitzala members. Take a look to find out more!