These are by far the best healthy and high protein baked good that I have ever made.
Yes, better than my brownies.
Even better than my dark chocolate protein bites.
They have a great buttery taste and are super delicious. They aren’t dry and cardboard-y. They don’t make you leap for a glass of water after one bite and they certainly don’t taste… blah. They seriously taste bad for you… but they aren’t!
The main ingredients of these bad boys are pureed chickpeas, vanilla whey, whole wheat pastry flour, coconut flour and of course, chocolate chips. The batter is pretty thick, so I hope you have strong forearms. You definitely have to spread them in to the pan.
I cut these high protein blondies in to 24 squares. That brings the calorie count to 89 calories with 4 grams of protein and 14 grams of carbs.
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour (wheat flour works)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas
- ⅓ egg whites
- ⅓ cup sugar free syrup (agave works as well)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup water
- Preheat oven to 325
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with PAM
- Rinse and drain chickpeas, dump into a food processor
- Add water, all liquid ingredients, and process until smooth
- Measure out dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Add processed bean mixture
- Mix well, the batter is thick
- Bake for 20 minutes