It’s hot. And when it’s hot, appetites usually go out the window. So instead of resorting to a smoothie to cool you off, try a lettuce wrap.
Personally, I love lettuce wraps. They’re a great vehicle, yes I said vehicle, to eat your meat and other goodies. Instead of using tortillas or bread for sandwiches, lettuce wraps are a low cal and refreshing option. I use them for leftovers and sandwiches quite often.
I used the same seasoning for the ground beef as I did in the stuffed peppers a while back. Since that recipe usually has left over meat, I’d use the rest of it the next day as a lettuce wrap! Boom, dinner and lunch are done!
- 1 ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp onion salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- ½ red onion
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8 whole romaine lettuce leaves
- Brown ground beef
- Meanwhile, finely chop red onion and add to ground beef
- Drain when mostly cooked
- Add all spices and mix thoroughly
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans, add to ground beef mixture
- Spoon in to washed romaine leaves, top with tzatziki or ranch