Who loved the creamsicle ice cream bars growing up? That’d be me.
Now that I’m living a healthier life, I try to find ways to make food that’s nutritious and good for you taste like the stuff with tons of sugar. Not that you shouldn’t have a treat once in a while, but I prefer to spend my treats on hot fudge sundaes instead of creamsicle bars.
Thus the need to make healthy food taste similar.
You might be asking why the smoothie is green and not orange, like a creamsicle. That’s because I add greens for fiber, nutrients, and bulk. Then I use an orange, protein powder, and banana to make the taste spot on.
- 1 orange, peeled
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 handfuls spinach or greens mix
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 3 ice cubes
- water to thin it out
- Blend greens, orange, and banana with ½ cup water until well mixed
- Add ice cubes and protein powder
- Mix until well blended. Add water if needed.