Hello everyone! I have a great recipe for you today.
I’m really excited about it because it shouts spring and would be a great end to Easter dinner. It’s also healthy enough for breakfast or snacks.
Isn’t that pretty to look at?
I love that this bar recipe includes almond flour. The fats in almond flour are really satiating and helps the bread to “stick” to you for a while.
And remember, fats are good! Fats help your body absorb fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E, and K. Your brain also needs high quality fats for optimal brain function.
And who doesn’t love strawberries? I’m sure you can substitute any berry if you wish. You can also add a half cup of chocolate chips if you want it to be a bit sweeter.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1.25 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.25 cup sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Use a fork to combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl, then combine with the dry.
- Add the strawberries and pour in to the 8x8 pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Check to be sure that the center isn't mushy before removing it from the oven.
I used Fitnessista’s recipe for inspiration and made a few modifications.